Zombies are the reason why you're probably playing this game. In 7 Days To Die, there are many different species of zombies and all of them have their strength and weaknesses. Zombies move slower during the day and have a smaller aggro range. They also stay relatively close to their spawn areas. At night however, zombies will run (unless on a server that has that function turned off) and seem more acute to player activity, food smells (some foods do not emit a smell), pay more attention to light sources such as candles, torches and campfires and will become more aggressive.
All zombies have melee attacks except for the acid spitter. Crawlers can be harder to shoot from a distance due to being low to the ground. Some zombies like the Feral Zombie are hard to kill and will take multiple headshots with a high level weapon.
One way to reduce zombie detection while looting or scavenging is to crouch. Player's will move slower which crouched by they will make less noise and become harder for zombies to sense.
- Zombie Arlene
- Crawler Zombie
- Festering Corpse
- Zombie Steve
- Plagued Nurse
- Reanimated Corpse
- Zombie Marlene
- Bloated Walker
- Spider Zombie - These will climb walls but cannot crawl over protruding ledges.
- Zombie Fish - Lures you into radiation; try to ignore at all times - very deadly.
The snow zombies only appear in the Snowy Forest areas. They have a chance to drop rare Tools.
- Feral Zombie - The strongest of all the zombies and the hardest to kill. They only spawn in cities, in the Blood Moon horde (every 7 days) or in caves.
- Burn Victim - Will set nearby players on fire.
- Screamer - Player activity can increase the chance of a nearby Screamer spawn. These zombies will scream spawning a horde, if they are not killed quickly.
- Zombie Dog - Seen in packs, will run at all times. Faster than other zombie types.
- Zombie Bear - Stronger than regular bears and are more aggressive.
- Infected Police Officer - Has a deadly ranged attack. It will spit acid at players. It has better loot unless it explodes itself, in which case, it will have no loot.